Your Dental Concern
While preventive dental care is an important foundation for everyone’s oral health, there are times when you need more than just a check-up and cleaning. Even the most common dental problems can lead to an excruciating amount of pain and negatively impact your quality of life. At Virginia Biological Dentistry in Glen Allen, VA, we use a biological dental philosophy and biological materials and methods to truly heal your mouth.
We have compiled a list of common dental and oral problems that we treat, along with our biological approach to resolving them. We encourage you to explore the following links to learn more!
- Tongue concerns: Believe it or not, your tongue can be an important indicator of not just your oral health, but other health problems that might be occurring in your body. We can help you determine the cause of tongue issues you may be experiencing.
- Facial wrinkles: Fight facial wrinkles with revolutionary SmoothLase® laser therapy. This intra-oral laser treatment non-invasively reduces wrinkles and provides anti-aging skin benefits for a broad range of skin types, tones, and colors.
- Mouth breather and snoring treatment: If your partner tells you that you snore or you suffer from issues such as bad breath, a hoarse voice, or brain fog, we have solutions to help you stop mouth breathing and snoring to get a better night’s rest.
- Safe removal of mercury fillings: If you have mercury fillings in your mouth due to past tooth decay and are concerned about their potential toxic effects, we can safely remove them using a stringent protocol and replace them with a biocompatible material.
- Root canal therapy alternatives: Toothaches can indicate decay or sometimes, trouble beneath the surface in the root canal. If you are seeking alternatives to a root canal, we might have options for you.
- Tooth extraction & non-metal implant: Extreme tooth erosion or damage can lead to the need for extraction, but fortunately, with non-metal zirconia implants, patients can achieve an unparalleled look, feel, and function that mimics your natural tooth.
- Tooth abscess: Bacterial overgrowth in your mouth can lead to the formation of an abscess, which can cause great discomfort and other negative effects.
- Bad breath: If you suffer from bad breath that doesn’t seem to improve with brushing and flossing regularly, we have options to help freshen your breath for good.
- TMJ, jaw pain, and headache: If you regularly suffer from jaw pain, headaches, or other seemingly vague issues, you may be suffering from TMJ disorder or TMD. Dr. Hart is experienced at diagnosing TMD and providing relevant treatments so you can get relief.
- Yellow teeth: Your smile is an important part of how you interact with people, and yellowed teeth can impact your self-confidence. Fortunately, there are a variety of solutions for discolored teeth, even teeth that have permanent stains and discoloration.
- Teeth grinding: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, it can slowly cause serious damage to your teeth as well as lead to issues such as chronic pain and headaches. We determine the cause of bruxism and provide appropriate treatment options for your specific needs.
- Dental anxiety & dental phobia: Dental anxieties are real issues that can impact both your oral and mental health. We provide sedation dentistry options for anxious patients as well as take several measures to ensure you have a comfortable, relaxing, and pain-free dental experience.
- Metal in my teeth, mouth: Patients are increasingly aware of the potentially negative effects of metal in their mouth. If you have metal restorations, we can safely remove and replace them with biological materials.
- Bleeding gums: Gum (periodontal) disease can lead to several unpleasant problems, including bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity, mouth sores, gum recession, and even tooth loss. We provide several options to treat gum disease safely and effectively.
- Broken or missing tooth: We provide cosmetic and restorative dentistry choices for chipped, cracked, or missing teeth. They look and feel natural while being safe for your health.
- Other common dental concerns: From biological treatments for tooth decay and gum disease to the extra precautions we take to minimize x-ray radiation, our number one priority is you. Learn about the other dental services and convenient care options we provide for your busy schedule.
Have another concern? Call us!
At Virginia Biological Dentistry, we are here to help with all your dental concerns. Whether you have a common issue such as pain in a tooth, feel like you have an unattractive smile, or have more uncommon symptoms that you suspect might be related to a dental problem, we are happy to discuss your concerns and provide healthy, long-lasting solutions. Call our office today at (804) 381-6238 or email us at email@example.com !