Ease your dental anxiety & dental phobia with sedation dentistry and other options in Glen Allen, VA
Dental anxiety and dental phobia are real issues that affect many children and adults alike. This fear can prevent patients from seeking dental care for painful or health-compromising issues. Overcoming dental phobia can be an important step in your path to oral health and overall wellness.
At Virginia Biological Dentistry in Glen Allen, VA, Dr. Olivia Hart understands patient’s reservations about receiving dental care and offers multiple options to help alleviate dental fear – from gentle, comfortable care that focuses on minimizing pain and speeding recovery to sedation options.
Comfortable care from start to finish
At Virginia Biological Dentistry, we provide effective sedation to deal with patient’s dental anxieties, but we believe that helping you have a comfortable experience in the dental chair involves more than that. As a biological dental practice, your mental health is just as important to us as the health of your teeth, and we take several measures to help alleviate dental fears:
- We focus on using the latest techniques and non-metal materials that have been shown to minimize pain and speed healing times so that you can worry less about physical discomfort. Patients who are fearful of shots and the pain associated with administering anesthetic can frequently benefit from dental techniques that don’t require numbing and shots.
- With technologies such as laser dentistry, we can often avoid the sights, smells, and sounds associated with traditional rotary drills that can cause anxiety in patients
- A variety of sedation dentistry options from nitrous oxide (NO2) to oral conscious sedation are available at Virginia Biological Dentistry; even the most anxious of patients feel at ease and often don’t remember anything about their procedure after it is over
- To speed up the recovery time, Dr. Hart tries to avoid using anesthetic with epinephrine that constricts the blood vessels. Instead, where appropriate, she administers local anesthetic without epinephrine to quicken the healing process.
- Essential oils used at Virginia Biological Dentistry are known to have helped patients relax and ease their mind
- With hot towels under a patient’s neck, headphones connected to TV with relaxing music and programs that patients can listen to or watch while lying down comfortably in the operatory chairs, together with a soothing atmosphere and gentle care provided by the Virginia Biological Dentistry staff, patients remain calm, restful and quiet during the procedures. Calming techniques result in the dental treatment that is generally less painful, quicker and help patients recover faster
Your friendly office staff will make you feel at home and comfortable from the moment you step into the office. Many phobias stem from a fear of the unknown, so we believe in providing as much education as patients need to feel confident in receiving dental treatment.
Find a dentist near me that helps reduce dental phobia
If you or your child suffer from a fear of the dentist, you will find the compassionate, comfortable care you need at Virginia Biological Dentistry. Call us at (804) 381-6238 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment and learn more about how we can help.