Ceramic Implants are Available in Virginia Biological Dentistry
A missing tooth triggers a cascade of changes with a negative impact on your oral health, overall wellness, appearance, and self-esteem. Dental implants have become the preferred choice for long-term tooth replacement. Yet most implants are made of titanium. Health-conscious individuals in the Glen Allen and Glen Allen, Virginia area who do not want metal in their mouths have a beautiful alternative at Virginia Biological Dentistry. Dr. Olivia Hart places ceramic implants for healthy restorations with a natural appearance.
Dr Hart: One of the services which sets us apart from other practices is the service of ceramic implant. So patients are coming with the infected tooth and they want to get rid of the infection of course. We take the tooth out with the biological protocol. The same day we can place that ceramic implant. And that ceramic implant is very biocompatible. The tissue loves it. It heals very well and it looks great. And it’s a great, great benefit for the patient health.
Rudy Vaughan: I discovered I had a few cavities that need to be filled and more importantly even, I had some bridge work that had deteriorated from the past 30 years. So when I found out about a biological dentist and some of the health benefits from that, I decided I definitely wanted to go and have a consultation. It was great going to a dentist that has an overall focus on the health of the body, which included ceramic implants versus metal. And so I’m really glad I went that direction. Much better for my body’s health.
Ron Cummings: In the past I’ve had some difficulties with some of my dental care and I was looking for a professional who was going to be able to give me what I felt would be best for me. Specifically was looking for ceramic implants. I don’t like to put metals in my body if at all possible. Dr. Hart came up number one in this area. The results that I obtained at the end have been magnificent. The work was completed on time to a very high standard.
Rudy Vaughan: If you’re looking for a healthy and positive experience at the dentist office, then I would highly recommend Virginia Biological Dentistry.
WHAT IS A METAL-FREE CERAMIC DENTAL IMPLANT?
An implant is an artificial device, shaped like a small screw, that replaces the root of a missing tooth. As the name indicates, it is implanted into jawbone, as opposed to sitting on top of gums. The implant becomes fused to the bone, forming a solid foundation for a dental crown, bridge, or implant-retained denture.
Ceramic dental implants differ from traditional titanium implants in both material and design. They are made of a super-strong dental ceramic with a white color and outstanding biocompatibility.
CERAMIC IMPLANTS: WHAT BENEFITS DO THEY OFFER?
Benefits of ceramic implants for Glen Allen and Glen Allen, Virginia patients include:
- Natural appearance – With ivory-colored dental implants, there is no gray color to show through thin gum tissue, and you will not develop a dark margin at the gumline, even if gums recede later in life.
- Bone preservation – Implants help to avoid bone resorption, which can give the face a pinched or sunken look.
- Bio-friendly – Risk of allergic reaction to the non-metal material is virtually nil, and it does not contribute to potential galvanic corrosion in the mouth.
- Comfort – Ceramic implants do not conduct heat or cold, so the chance of sensitivity is minimal.
- Long-term success and oral health – The one-piece design eliminates the possibility of harmful pathogens accumulating at the junction of the implant and abutment. The material also discourages buildup of plaque, which can lead to implant failure and gum disease.
You do not have to choose between dental implant tooth replacement and metal-free mouth. Dr. Hart and her team at Virginia Biological Dentistry bring you the best of both, with ceramic implants. Call (804) 381-6238 or email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment at our office on 4932-C Dominion Blvd, Glen Allen, VA.