Where To Find Safe Mercury Fillings Removal
Silver-colored dental amalgam has been used to repair tooth decay in this country since the 1800s. Today, the compound still contains about 50 percent mercury. An increasing number of individuals are choosing amalgam removal for aesthetic reasons and potential health benefit. As an accredited member of IAOMT and a long-term practitioner of biological dentistry, Dr. Olivia Hart is highly experienced SMART certified dentist in a safe mercury amalgam removal technique.
Extra Precautions for Safe Mercury Fillings Removal in Glen Allen, Virginia
It may be necessary to remove and replace an amalgam restoration if it loosens, breaks, or the tooth cracks. Otherwise, the decision of whether to have intact amalgam removed is a personal one, which Dr. Hart will be happy to discuss with you. If you choose mercury filling removal at Virginia Biological Dentistry, you are assured of treatment in accordance with strict guidelines from the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.
Here are just a few of the safeguards of this protocol:
- Protective garments for the patient and dental team.
- Fresh air source for the patient, delivered through a nasal mask, to avoid inhalation of mercury vapor.
- Dental dam/isolite to prevent swallowing amalgam.
- A high-volume filtration system in treatment rooms to remove mercury vapor and particulate matter.
- Fillings are cut into chunks for removal, to minimize grinding which heats amalgam releasing mercury vapor, and sprays particles.
- Large amounts of water, continuously removed with a high-speed evacuation device, keep filling material cool, reducing ambient mercury levels.
- Amalgam separator keeps mercury out of public wastewater.
Maybe you are concerned about having mercury in your mouth, or you simply don’t like the look of silver-colored fillings. In either case, Dr. Hart has attractive, healthy solutions. She uses BPA-free composite resin filling material and lustrous porcelain inlays, onlays, and crowns to restore oral function, beautifully. Biocompatibility testing ensures the safest possible materials for your body chemistry and restorations that blend unnoticeably into your smile and your overall health.
Contact Dr. Olivia Hart of Virginia Biological Dentistry if you want to safely remove your mercury amalgam fillings. Click here to make an appointment now or call (804) 381-6238 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.