Dr. Olivia Hart excels in mitigating high dental anxiety in patients
At Virginia Biological Dentistry of Glen Allen, Virginia, our dentist, Dr. Olivia Hart, understands that many patients who visit the dentist may feel anxious. Dental anxiety, or dental phobia, is common–in patients of all ages and genders. Fortunately, Dr. Hart is skilled in helping patients overcome dental phobia, utilizing various techniques to ensure their comfort during appointments.
In what ways can our dentist help patients who are scared or anxious?
Comfortable dentistry is at the forefront of what Dr. Hart wants to offer her patients. She has worked routinely with individuals with dental fears that can often keep them from getting the care they need. Below are a few of the methods used to ensure patients are at ease from start to finish:
- Oral conscious sedation. Patients can take medication before their appointment using oral conscious sedation, allowing them to arrive rested and relaxed. Patients using oral conscious sedation will need to arrange transportation to and from the office.
- Laughing gas. Those with moderate anxiety may do well with laughing gas or nitrous oxide. This gas is administered through the nose mask and can provide almost immediate relaxation. It can also help in pain reduction and helping patients with high gag reflexes.
- Local anesthetic. In combination with oral conscious sedation, and/or laughing gas Dr. Hart uses conservatively local anesthetic to numb a patient and reduce or eliminate any discomfort.
- Improved trust and confidence. Using a gentle, personal touch, Dr. Hart builds a positive relationship with her patients so they know they are getting the best possible care for their smiles.
- Comfort while seated. While you are in the dentist’s chair, we offer several amenities that can help put you at ease while your dental work is completed. We offer headsets with relaxing music or audio for our televisions, provide a head pillow and blanket to keep you both warm and comfortable.
Learn more about the mitigation of high anxiety!
If you live in Glen Allen, Virginia, and want to speak to Dr. Olivia Hart of Virginia Biological Dentistry about the benefits of working with her team when dental anxiety is a problem, you can call the practice to request a consultation and discuss your individual needs. Call (804) 381-6238 to request an appointment at the office, conveniently located at 4932 Dominion Boulevard, Suite C. Dr. Hart and her team are delighted to offer comprehensive care for both new and returning patients.