Patients of all ages are invited to learn more about the optimum care available for kids and adults at Virginia Biological Dentistry. Dr. Olivia Hart and her team offer general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry for all ages. Parents can work with our team and can rest assure their child will be in good hands for their dental needs.
Children have different dental needs than adults. Sure, children must brush and floss their teeth to keep them clean and avoid cavities and disease. However, there are other oral health concerns that Glen Allen, VA kids should be aware of. Below is a sample of common dental issues that impact children and require the care and assistance of a quality pediatric dentist:
- Routine visits. Just as an adult, it is essential for children to visit with a pediatric dentist every six months. This starts as soon as children develop their first teeth, or by their first birthday. During routine dental visits, Dr. Olivia Hart can evaluate patients and look for signs of problems such as gum disease or tooth decay. Additionally, x-rays may be completed to check the development of the smile, specifically the baby teeth. These visits include education on how to care for the teeth and gums and thorough dental cleaning.
- Avoiding the development of cavities. There is more to caring for the smile than just brushing alone. One’s diet will also impact their oral health. We encourage children to eat a healthy diet and avoid high-sugar treats such as candies and sodas. Our practice can educate children on ways they can make healthy swaps for their more sugary treats.
- Treating tooth decay. Dr. Olivia Hart of Virginia Biological Dentistry evaluates the smile and looks for the signs of tooth decay. If found, parents must have their children treated with fillings as soon as possible. Because of our biological and biocompatible focus at our practice, we offer dental fillings that do not contain mercury, are metal-free, and are safe and free from BPA.
- Addressing periodontal disease. If children are not careful in cleaning their teeth and gums every day, they may be putting their smile at risk for periodontal disease, or “gum disease.” Gum disease can negatively impact one’s oral health and needs to be appropriately treated by a dental team. Our practice offers periodontal treatment to help children bring their smile back to health with proper solutions.
- Monitoring for airway issues. Many children with airway issues such as sleep apnea are often left undiagnosed. This can impact their overall health and quality of life. Dr. Olivia Hart provides an evaluation to accurately diagnose and treat these issues if they affect a child in her practice. Children’s airway issues can improve the quality of sleep children receive and help them dramatically in how they feel every day!
- Monitoring oral development. As the baby teeth fall out and the permanent, adult teeth come into place, a dentist must monitor this process. This is best for finding signs of problems such as poor tooth alignment, crooked teeth, or impacted teeth. A dentist can also spot the signs of bruxism, which results in clenching and grinding of the teeth. With proper intervention, parents can make sure their children are developing properly. Discussions of orthodontics may start with parents around the age of seven. Our office also provides solutions such as the Myobrace treatment, which focuses on the cause of misaligned teeth.
- Ensuring quality materials. All materials and products used in our practice are safe and appropriate for children. We also steer clear of many metal and mercury materials that other dentists freely use in their practices. Mercury toxicity is very real. With the help of a biological dentist, our team can assess a child’s needs for fillings and provide safe alternatives. We also offer removal and replacement of silver amalgam and metal fillings for our older patients.
Connect with a dentist that offers services for the entire family!
Dr. Olivia Hart at Virginia Biological Dentistry is a quality, biological dentist proud to provide pediatric dentistry for our youngest patients! Call (804) 381-6238 and schedule a consultation visit at 10446 Ridgefield Parkway in Glen Allen, VA. Our practice is excited to welcome you and your family into our practice for comprehensive dental care.
Dr. Olivia Hart
Dr. Olivia Hart
DDS, NMD, IABDM & ICOI Fellow & AAIP Fellow
, a founder of Virginia Biological Dentistry and a highly accomplished biological dentist, is honored to serve her community in Glen Allen, Richmond VA. She has always sought to enrich her knowledge in the field of holistic/biological dental health and to offer her patients the best comprehensive dental care possible. Her Virginia Biological Dentistry provides services ranging from biocompatible ceramic restorations, ceramic implants, and extractions with a biological protocol to treatments of sleep apnea, TMJ and other specialized bio-dental services.
Share this Article