Restoring a broken, weak, or worn tooth has never been easier for the people of Glen Allen, VA and nearby communities. Virginia Biological Dentistry is proud to offer the ultimate convenience of single-visit dental crowns right in our office, using advanced CEREC technology.
What to expect – step by step procedure
- Preparation – Before beginning the procedure. Dr. Hart will use local anesthetic to numb the area, and ensure that you are comfortable. She will then prepare the tooth by removing any decayed or diseased portions, and then shaping it.
- Impressions – Rather than the familiar trays full of goo, CEREC works with advanced digital imaging. The device essentially “scans” your tooth, creating a detailed, three-dimensional image. This process is a great improvement, especially for patients who suffer from jaw pain, because there is no need to bite down on a tray.
- Design – Dr. Hart will use CEREC software to design your new restoration. The software renders a virtual model of the new crown, allowing the doctor to revise and perfect the design before proceeding.
- Milling – The digital design is transferred to our in-office milling machine, which will carve the crown from a solid block of high-strength aesthetic porcelain. This computerized process creates custom restorations with precision accuracy in just a couple of hours.
- Refining – When your new crown is ready, Dr. Hart will check the fit, make any necessary adjustments, and polish it to a lustrous shine.
- Placement – The crown is adhered to the prepared tooth, using a nontoxic, permanent bonding agent. The final step is to show off your dazzling new smile.
Take the first step
Are you ready to begin your journey towards a healthier and more beautiful smile? If so, it’s time to visit Virginia Biological Dentistry. Call our office at (804) 381-6238 to arrange a consultation with Dr. Hart.
Dr. Olivia Hart
Dr. Olivia Hart
DDS, NMD, IABDM & ICOI Fellow & AAIP Fellow
, a founder of Virginia Biological Dentistry and a highly accomplished biological dentist, is honored to serve her community in Glen Allen, Richmond VA. She has always sought to enrich her knowledge in the field of holistic/biological dental health and to offer her patients the best comprehensive dental care possible. Her Virginia Biological Dentistry provides services ranging from biocompatible ceramic restorations, ceramic implants, and extractions with a biological protocol to treatments of sleep apnea, TMJ and other specialized bio-dental services.
Share this Article