Maybe you have heard of biological dentistry, and you are curious if there are practitioners “near me” in Glen Allen, VA. Your smartphone or computer is a great place to start. Take a few minutes to understand the concept better before you search. You could find biological dental care in an unexpected place, such as Virginia Biological Dentistry.
What biological dentistry IS
“Biological” means an understanding that components of something are intimately interconnected and part of the whole. Biological dentistry is an awareness of the impact of dental care on the entire person.
Defining characteristics include:
- An overarching goal of improving and maintaining wellness through multi-disciplinary healthcare.
- A conviction that patients should have information about dental procedures, materials, risks, and benefits to make informed treatment decisions.
- Integration of preventive, nutritional, and homeopathic therapies.
- Mercury-free and often metal-free treatments. Amalgam fillings are comprised of about 50 percent mercury. A biological practice does not place amalgam fillings, and offers non-metal alternatives for other restorations.
- Training, equipment, and adherence to strict protocols for safe removal of amalgam.
- Dedication to utilizing the safest, most biocompatible materials and techniques available.
What biological dentistry is NOT
- New age. Biological dentistry is rooted in the 3,000-year-old Indian healing system of Ayurveda.
- In competition with conventional dentistry. Biological dentists offer many of the same services and apply similar processes. We just approach care a little differently.
- A recognized area of specialization. The American Dental Association does not acknowledge biological dentistry as one of its nine dental specialties. Rather, biological dentistry is a whole-body wellness principle adopted by the dentist.
Congratulations on taking time to demystify biological dentistry. Now you are ready to proceed with your search for an appropriate dentist “near me.” To save time, call (804) 381-6238 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Oliva Hart at Virginia Biological Dentistry in Glen Allen, VA.
Dr. Olivia Hart
Dr. Olivia Hart
DDS, NMD, IABDM & ICOI Fellow & AAIP Fellow
, a founder of Virginia Biological Dentistry and a highly accomplished biological dentist, is honored to serve her community in Glen Allen, Richmond VA. She has always sought to enrich her knowledge in the field of holistic/biological dental health and to offer her patients the best comprehensive dental care possible. Her Virginia Biological Dentistry provides services ranging from biocompatible ceramic restorations, ceramic implants, and extractions with a biological protocol to treatments of sleep apnea, TMJ and other specialized bio-dental services.
Share this Article